Sunday 12 October 2014

Dean Ambrose Latest Interview , John Cena and His Dream Opponent

On John Cena and wrestlers who are too predictable:
There's a lot of guys in WWE, you would know who they are, you know you're going to see the same thing every single match. You know you're going to hear the same thing every time they pick up a microphone. You know John Cena is never going to get mad at you no matter what you do. You could steal his dog or set his house on fire and he's not going to get all that mad at you. He's going to come out and do the same thing he always does. Me, I'm not like that. I get pretty upset pretty quickly.
I don't like having an entrance or anything like that too set in stone. A lot of guys come out and have the exact little dance or exact little thing that goes off at the right time with the pyro. What if I'm not in the mood to do my little dance this week?
On the Attitude Era:
A lot of people talk about the attitude era being so great but a lot of it was terrible crap, sex jokes and over-the-top terrible bad comedy. It was Jerry Springer-like. They made a joke about a woman's breasts. Hilarious, but where's the wrestling? I look back on a lot of stuff now, and I'm like where's the wrestling? It's just a lot of crappy jokes.
On dream opponents:
...if our eras had crossed, we were barely one generation apart, he was at 11:59 and I was at 12:01 - I would have loved to do something with Mick Foley or Cactus Jack or whatever version of him. If we would have crossed paths in like 1994, you would have seen one of the most gross, violent, entertaining spectacles that ever was. That's been relegated to the dream match world now.
A guy like Bret Hart. I watch his work back now as a professional knowing what I'm doing. I watch back the matches I loved as a kid, and he's such a forward thinker. He saw the whole picture in his head kind of storyteller. He's not a wing-it-on-the-fly kind of guy. Even though I'm a wing-it kind of guy, I also really like to see the whole picture in my head a year ahead. Not just the match but the whole storyline a year ahead of time. I have how I'm going to get there, but I have visions in my head and I just see what happens.
Those two guys, being able to put my mind with their minds and create something if we had crossed paths, I'd like to create with those two guys.

Related Posts

Dean Ambrose Latest Interview , John Cena and His Dream Opponent
4/ 5
Oleh

Subscribe via email

Like the post above? Please subscribe to the latest posts directly via email.