Tuesday 2 December 2014

Vince McMahon apologizes CM Punk

When CM Punk finally spoke out on why he walked out on WWE back in January, one of the biggest questions fans have had is what has kept him from coming back. It's been almost a full year now, after all, and he's finally healthy and seemingly much happier.
To that end, Punk intimated that WWE firing him on his wedding day was the last straw:
"The day of my wedding I got a FedEx in the mail. It was my termination papers. I was fired. So, take that, everyone who says I need to be... I'm a quieter (sic) on Twitter. I was fired, on my wedding day. Very calculated, very deliberate. As much as I chuckled at it and didn't let it affect my day, I was like 'once again, you pushed too fucking far; you pushed the wrong guy.' ... There's no working relationship and there never will be ever again. That wedding day thing, you know, is pretty ridiculous."
During his interview with Stone Cold Steve Austin on the WWE Network followingMonday Night Raw last night, Vince McMahon addressed that very topic in an attempt to clear up any confusion on the matter as well as offer a public apology:
"I would like to do this. I would like to apologize. Sometimes in a big corporation, the legal people don't necessarily know what talent relations are doing and conversely. Punk got his severance papers moreover on the day he got married. That was coincidence. So I want to personally apologize for that."

Related Posts

Vince McMahon apologizes CM Punk
4/ 5
Oleh

Subscribe via email

Like the post above? Please subscribe to the latest posts directly via email.