Friday 1 May 2015

UFC Fight Night 68's Shawn Jordan talks Derrick Lewis' Cheating in First Meeting

shawn jordan When Shawn Jordan meets Derrick Lewis at UFC Fight Night 68, it will be a rematch of a controversial fight from the regional scene in 2010.
Jordan (17-6 MMA, 5-3 UFC) spoke about the original bout and told a story of Lewis (12-3 MMA, 3-1 UFC) attacking him after the bell. “It ended up being grappling because he kept hitting me after the bell,” Jordan said at the time. “I was walking back to my corner, the round was over, and he kicked me in the head.”
UFC Fight Night 68 takes place June 6 at Smoothie King Center in New Orleans. The bulk of the card is expected to air on FOX Sports 1 following early prelims on UFC Fight Pass. Jordan spoke about the first meeting with MMAjunkie once again, this time slightly toning down his take on how things played out in the first meeting.
“It was actually funny,” Lewis said while explaining how the first bout came together. “I was trying to get more fights in because they were trying to put me in that Bellator tournament. I was trying to get a couple more pro fights and stuff. I was just taking fights. The guy who put this fight together was – he knew what he was doing. He was getting a great fight for cheap. Derrick is a big, strong, talented guy. He’s big and strong, you know? He hits hard. I was big strong guy doing my thing. He got it cheap too, he was smart.”
Things were strange from the jump. According to Jordan, Lewis didn’t even make weight for the Cajun Fighting Championships bout in addition to his strange behavior during the fight.
“He didn’t show up at the weigh-ins, but I was like 245 at the time, 250, it didn’t matter,” Jordan said. “But, we went and fought and it was just a kind of messy fight. He was frustrated that I took him down and was just kind of beating him up on the ground. The bell rang and he couldn’t hear the bell, I guess and thought I just got up for no reason. He hit me after the bell a few times.
“At the time, Tim Credeur was my coach and was cornering me. After he did it the second time, Tim jumped over the cage and was trying to go after him. I was like, ‘It’s okay, guys. We’re still fighting. It’s cool.’ I mean, whatever, we’re young we were both green. Now we’re both more seasoned, it’ll be a good fight, I think.”

    Related Posts

    UFC Fight Night 68's Shawn Jordan talks Derrick Lewis' Cheating in First Meeting
    4/ 5
    Oleh

    Subscribe via email

    Like the post above? Please subscribe to the latest posts directly via email.