Friday 24 April 2015

UFC Fight Night 65's Sam Alvey is on a Mission to Beat all Middleweight 'TUF' Winners

sam alveySam Alvey has not taken the slow lane in his MMA career.
Alvey (25-6 MMA, 2-1 UFC), 28, fought 17 times between turning pro in July 2008 and the end of 2010. That aggressive schedule landed him in national promotions such as Bellator and, eventually, the UFC. A bout with Dan Kelly (9-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC) on the preliminary card of UFC Fight Night 65 is up next for Alvey. The event takes place at Adelaide Entertainment Centre in Adelaide, South Australia, Australia with the entire card airing on UFC Fight Pass.
Since dropping his first UFC bout, Alvey has scored two consecutive knockouts, most recently knocking out Cezar Ferreira at UFC Fight Night 62.Alvey feels that he’s not getting the credit he’s due and it’s put a sizable chip on his shoulder. “I’m usually the underdog and it does motivate me a little bit,” Alvey told MMAjunkie video partner Rick Lee. “At this point in my career I’ve got so many wins, I’ve got so many fights, I’ve got almost 50 fights total and people are still counting me out. But I hit pretty hard, I can take a punch pretty well and my jiu-jitsu is second to none.
“After this next fight I’m going to get three knockouts in a row. Maybe I’ll switch it up and I’ll get three finishes in a row. Maybe I’ll jiu-jits this guy a little bit. People are going to give me the credit I deserve someday.”
Alvey’s first opportunity in the UFC came when he participated in Season 16 of “The Ultimate Fighter.” He was the first overall pick after earning his way into the house with a first round KO. Despite his status as the first pick, he dropped a decision to Joey Rivera in the third episode of the season.That experience, as much as not getting the credit he feels he deserves, is serving as a driving force in Alvey’s career.
“My more immediate goal is, I want to be ‘The TUF Killer,’” Alvey said. “Everyone knows I went on ‘The Ultimate Fighter’ and had a huge, huge intro into the house and then I kind of flopped out. The weight cut got me. Turns out, if I’d waited one season, it would have been a 185 season and could have beaten them all. So, right now, my goal is I want to beat every TUF member from 185. So, I’ve got two Australian TUF guys, I just beat the Brazilian TUF guy, there’s some American TUF guys I still want to beat. Luke Barnatt, I’m coming for you eventually.
“Eventually, I’m going to headline a card fighting Uriah Hall, that’s the eventual goal. Great guy, I’ve met him before, super and talented fighter and we could headline a Fight Night. It would be worth watching.”

Related Posts

UFC Fight Night 65's Sam Alvey is on a Mission to Beat all Middleweight 'TUF' Winners
4/ 5
Oleh

Subscribe via email

Like the post above? Please subscribe to the latest posts directly via email.